Apr 11, 2016

Salomon X Trail Run 2016


The Salomon X Trail Run was recently held in Subic Bay Freeport  Zone. I was so looking forward to this trail race and originally signed up for the 24km distance. But, as luck would have it, I pulled my back muscle when I slipped while running the rain drenched streets of Tokyo a week before the race. 
It was pretty bad that I had a difficult time walking for the next few days. Two days before race day and with my injury not getting any better despite therapy,  I decided to bite the bullet and downgrade to the 12 km event distance instead. On hindsight, downgrading was a very wise decision on my part. The 24 km event was a bit technical and  would have probably ended up a DNF if I had ran it. Gun start was at 7am for the 12km distance which was quite warm due to the scorching summer sun.  The terrain was a combination of road and trail which I am quite familiar with having run in Subic many times prior. 

It was a good race and I enjoyed it very much. Hopefully, I'll be able to move up to either the 24 or 32 km distance next time but for now, will have to get this back fixed for my next race.




I love my Race Bib no. 
Before Gun Start ... 
I like this Picture. borrowed from  
Janice T. . Thank you

-0-0-0-0-
more pics to follow :-)